Are you a techie and interested in working in most challenging and demanding domain? Then, ethical hacking must be the right choice. Here, you need to break a software or system to identify security issues. Taking ethical hacking course in Chennai will help you to enter this challenging domain.
Ethical hacking is a term used to describe hacking performed by an individual or company to help to identify potential threats and possible break points on a software application or computer network. Ethical hacking is all about thinking like a hacker to protect your system from getting hacked. Ethical hacking is categorized as white hat technique, where the hackers breach security of a computer or system to exposure possible threats and other security concerns. They search work weak points that can be exploited by the malicious hackers. The information can be used by the developers to improve the security to identify and eliminate possible threats.
Who are Ethical Hackers?
Ethical Hackers are also called as White Hat Hackers, because they break the system ethically and legally. The minor difference between the ethical hacker and real-time hacker is the legality. According to EC-council, ethical hacker works for an organization and have permission to break a system in order to exposure vulnerability issues. Hacking can be categorized into three types
- White Hat Hacking
- Black Hat Hacking
- Grey Hat Hacking
Job duties of Ethical Hackers:
The concept of ethical hacking is not entirely new. The leading corporate like Facebook, Apple and Microsoft are employing white hat hackers to identify security vulnerabilities and seal them. As with any profession, passion and eager to learn is most important aspects to succeed. Good knowledge in computer networking and programming will help you to start your career in ethical hacking field. You can boost your knowledge on ethical hacking by enrolling ethical hacking course in Chennai offered by experienced and certified hackers.
Apart from regular tester duties, ethical hackers are associated with various other responsibilities. The main idea is to think like a real hacker to identify security issues and boost its overall system or application performance. Rather, real hackers use these security issues for other malicious purpose.
- Examine patch installations and make that cannot be exploited
- Scanning ports and seeking vulnerabilities
- Engage in social engineering concepts like dumpster diving. It is the rummage through the trash files or bins for passwords, charts and other important data.
- To avoid these issues, organization insists employee to avoid unwanted paperwork and dispose-off unwanted resources immediately.
- Ethical Hackers engage in other techniques like shoulder surfing to grant access to important information.
- Ethical Hackers check whether they can break IDS(Intrusion Detection systems), IPS (Intrusion Prevention systems), honeypots and firewalls
- In addition, they use other hacking strategies like network sniffing, hijacking web servers and application, cracking and bypassing wireless encryption
- They also deal with issues related with data theft, laptop theft and employee fraud
Certified ethical hacker has bright career prospects because of two reasons: first, the entire world relies on best computer technology and easy to access World Wide Web. Individuals interested in becoming ethical hacking need to enroll in ethical hacking course and clear certification to become a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH). This certification is offered by the International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council).
Get your valuable certification of Ethical Hacking Course in Chennai