Canada-An ideal place for your higher education
Along with its maple leaved autumns and its cold winters, Canada serves a deluge of quality education opportunities which are internationally known. The lowered cost of education and the repute of Canadian institutions make it an ideal for students who wish to pursue their higher studies abroad .It stands third amid the most popular countries to study in after the US and the UK.
Canadian universities are abundantly funded by the public sector; as an aftereffect they have superior standards in education and amount to very high quality in terms of learning. Getting acceptance into a Canadian university is quite easy but getting into the best universities comes with lots of hard work.
Based on the some of the best education consultancy in Chennai we suggest the top 5 Post Graduate courses commonly chosen by Indians are:
- Business management:
Canada is advised as a top destination for local and international MBA students. Afterwards US and UK, Canada is accepted as an apt platform for administration studies. MBA programs in Canada are comparatively more affordable than in the US.
- Hospitality management:
Canada is a world-renowned tourism destination with a booming accommodation business. Accommodation and tourism colleges in Canada can assist you in advancing your abilities to plan with hotels, airlines, biking companies, and cruise lines.
- Health Science:
Health science covers an advanced array of healthcare subjects. Canadian colleges provide a variety of sciences and technology programs such as Occupational Health and Safety, Radiation Therapy, healthcare initiatives, and citizenry health and so on.
- Science and engineering:
Canadian engineering degrees are acknowledged well by several companies .These degrees also help students deal with the competitive approach that is seen all over the world. The action for accrediting engineering affairs is undertaken by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (CEAB), a Board of the Engineers Canada (EC).
- Information Technology:
The Information Technology industry is growing at a fast rate in Canada in agreement with innovation and creativity a. Canada provides best amount of application opportunities for IT grads. In the next 5 years, the appeal for ICT workers in Canada will see a hike. Column graduation in IT can be done at Canadian universities and association colleges.
Listed below are the top universities that provide the mentioned PG courses in Canada:
- Sheridan College
- Algonquin College
- University of Alberta
- Durham College
- Niagara College
- St. Lawrence
- A minimum of 50% in Bachelor’s degree; no more than two failures per year
- IELTS minimum 6.5 bands on the whole with no beneath than 6 bands in any module; to accomplish course-wise subject requirement
It ranges amid CAD$ 15,000 to CAD$ 17,000 per annum at SPP (Govt.) Colleges
Percentage of Indians studying in Canada:
It would be difficult to estimate the exact percentage of Indians traveling to Canada for each course. But we can say that the above mentioned 5 courses make up to 90-95% of the absolute number of Indians traveling to Canada; the rest account to 5-10%.
Criteria for Master’s Programs:
- a) Requires 16 years of education, whereas, in India we accept 15 years of apprenticeship (BA, BCom, BSc, etc)
- b) Masters amount courses are offered by universities and are research and analysis based
- c) Only few seats are accessible for international students. Canadian students are prioritized more.
Therefore international students prefer PG Diploma courses for the following advantages:
- a) Helps in accomplishing the 16 years abstraction claim for acceptance to Master’s Degree
- b) Courses in SPP colleges warm students up to teaching techniques.
- c) Tuition Fees are cheaper compared to university programs
- d) Completion of the course certifies students with a work permit. Thus a course of one year will yield a work permit of one year while a course of two years yields a permit for three years.
Job opportunities are correlated to the courses and demand of particular jobs in the market. Three years of Open Work Visa is provided to students to provide them with a platform to gain more experience in their profession. Based on their qualification and time period of stay, they can acquire a permanent residency (PR) in Canada or they can use their new-found knowledge in the Indian job market. A learning experience in Canada will equip our young Indian students with a set of quality skills and a better overall multinational understanding.